How to Enable Airplay on Latest Kodi Krypton 17.6:
Kodi Airplay: Airplay is a Protocol that has been developed by Apple to mirror Multimedia within the Apple devices by mirroring and other technologies. Initially, it was called as Airtunes that allows the mirroring of Audio only but later the technology was far developed that enabled the mirroring of Pictures and Videos as well. Airplay is a highly secured protocol that allows users to view Multimedia on their Apple Devices such as iPhone, iPad and more. The Latest Version Kodi 17.6 comes with the Airplay option with which you can able to mirror it on another Apple Device. In this article, we will see How to Enable Kodi Airplay on Kodi 17.6 and also about the other essential information related to Kodi Airplay. Check out: How to Enable Zeroconf Kodi on Kodi 17.6.
Table of Contents:
- What is a Kodi Airplay?
- Limitations of Kodi Airplay
- How to Enable Kodi Airplay– Quick Steps
- Enable Password Protection on Kodi Airplay
- Kodi Airplay Errors and Fix
- The Conclusion of the Article
What is Kodi Airplay and How it Works?
As told in the above paragraph, Airplay is one of the secured protocol developed by Apple for mirroring of Multimedia within Apple Devices. Kodi 17.6 comes with the Airplay option with which you can able to mirror it on other Apple devices. On the other hand, Kodi is a server media player that allows users to enjoy their favorite multimedia on Kodi Player. It is an all in one Kodi Player which supports viewing of Pictures, Videos, Listening to Audios, Weather report and more and more.
What are the Limitations of Kodi Airplay?
Though it seems the Combination of Kodi and Airplay is awesome, currently Kodi has a very limited support on Airplay. Recently, Apple had made a lot of changes in their OS as well as on Airplay. Hence iOS 8 and older version supports Audio, Video, and Pictures on Kodi Airplay whereas, iOS 9 and Newer versions support only Audio on Kodi Airplay.
How to Enable Kodi Airplay on Kodi Krypton 17.6- Quick Steps:
In this section, we will see How to Enable Kodi Airplay on Latest Kodi Player that is Kodi Krypton 17.6 using simple and Quicksteps. Steps are explained with clear image references for your Better Understanding.
- Open Kodi Krypton 17.6.
- Choose Settings icon that is available on the Top of the Main Kodi Interface.
- Go to Service Settings option from the list of Tiles available.
- Under the General Tab, you will find the option”Zeroconf”. We have to Enable the Zeroconf option. Hence Enable “Announce Services to other Systems“.
- Once the option is enabled then kindly proceed with Airplay Tab of Service Settings menu.
- Now Choose “Enable Airplay Support” option now.
- Once you choose Enable Airplay Support option then Kodi Airplay is now enabled.
How to Setup Kodi Airplay Password on Kodi 17.6:
You can use Password to manage Kodi Airplay so that you can keep your data more secure and at the same time, you can give Kodi Airplay access with Password Protection. To Enable this option, firstly you should have enabled Kodi Airplay Support on Kodi Player. We have provided detailed steps for your better understanding. Kindly follow.
- Follow the above steps and Enable Airplay Support in Kodi 17.6.
- Kindly Enable “Use Password Protection” option now.
- Enter the Password that you to use by Clicking on the Password option.
- Finally, Click OK.
- The Password will be now set for your Kodi Airplay and it can be accessed only when the Password is entered.
Failed to Start Airplay Error as Zeroconf to be enabled- Solved Steps:
When you try to Enable Airplay Support on Kodi Player directly then you might face the above error”Failed to start Airplay as it requires Zerconf to be enabled“. Don’t worry friends. It can be resolved. The following are the steps.
Before Enabling the Airplay option on Kodi Player, you need to enable Zeroconf option. To Enable it, kindly follow the above steps.
- Under General Tab of Service Settings of Kodi Player, Choose Zerconf and enable “Announce Services to other Systems“.
- Once you Enable the above options, then you can able to enable Airplay option on Kodi Player.
The Conclusion of the Article:
This article gives detailed information on what is Kodi Airplay and How to use it and Enable Kodi Airplay on Latest Kodi Krypton 17.6 and other Kodi Krypton series and also about Enabling Zerconf on Kodi Player. If you have any Query or if you face any problem in following the above steps then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert with a solution soon. Have a Great Day.
Kodi Airplay Article Review
This article deserves a score of 4.5 out of 5.0 for its detailed explanation on Kodi Airplay. For more info, Kindly visit Kodi Info Park