How to Update Kodi to Latest Version Kodi 17.5 on Android Device:
How to Update Kodi: Hello Friends, in this article, we are going to see How to Update Kodi on Android Devices. Though it seems very easy to Update your Kodi from Kodi Jarvis 16.1 to Latest Version Kodi Krypton or Kodi 17.1 to Kodi 17.5, there are some Do’s and Don’ts before you proceed with an update so that you can able to Update Kodi Player successfully without losing any data. Here we will see what are the different ways available to Upgrade your Older Kodi version to the Latest Kodi Version without losing any data on Android Devices such as Smart Phones and Tablets. Let’s get into How to Update Kodi Article. Check out: How to Install Kodi on Mac.
Table of Contents:
- Different Ways to Update to Kodi 17.5
- Do’s & Dont’s Before Updating
- Advantages of Updating Kodi Player
- How to Update Kodi using Official Kodi Website
- How to Update Kodi using Google Play
- What’s New at Kodi 17.5- Latest Bug Fix Release
- How to Update Kodi on Different Devices
- The Conclusion of the Article
Different Ways to Update Kodi to Latest Version Kodi 17.5:
There are two ways available to which Kodi can be updated with to the Latest Version Kodi Krypton 17.5. If you are Kodi Jarvis 16.1 or Kodi Krytpon 17.1, 17.2, 17.3, 17.4 then it is suggested that you update the Kodi to the most stable latest version Kodi 17.5. The following are the different methods available to do such. Check out: How to Kodi on Linux.
Do’s and Dont’s while Updating your Kodi from Lower Version to Latest:
This is the most important section of this article and hence give more attention to this paragraph.
- If you are a Kodi Jarvis 16.1 user then Kindly Make Sure that you have kept the Default Kodi Skin Confluence before proceeding with the update otherwise you will get a Blank screen when you update and then you have to do a fresh install of Kodi(You will lose all your Data that was stored earlier).
- In case you are using any Build on Kodi then kindly make sure you come back to the Default Kodi before Updating or otherwise you will get a Blank screen and you have to do a fresh install again.
- Kodi 17 series is not supported by Android 4.4 devices.
- If you have any important Data then it is Recommended to take a Backup of them.
Advantages of Updating Kodi Player to the Latest Version:
In general, Updating is always essential for the working of a Software. Here in Kodi, there are a lot of advantages in Updating your Kodi Player. The following are the list.
- Official Kodi Team comes up with a lot of Bug fixes on the Latest Version of Kodi Player.
- The Latest Version of Kodi is more Stable than the Older version.
- When it comes to Kodi, it is possible to update your Kodi Player to the Latest Version without losing any data.
How to Update Kodi on Android Device using Offical Kodi:
In this method, we will see How to Update Kodi using Official Kodi Website. We have explained with clear Image References for your better understanding.
- Go to the Official Website of Kodi.
- On the Top Right Corner, you can find Downloads button. Click on that.
- Under Choose your Weapon category, Choose Android.
- Popup will appear now.
- Under Release section, you will find the 32 and 64-bit version. Choose the one accordingly. You can able to Update your Older version of Kodi to Latest Version Kodi 17.5 using this method. Always go for Release Version as they are the most stable one.
- You Download will get started automatically. Once the Download is finished, then you can install the apk file on your Android Smart Phone or Tablet.
- When you restart Kodi then you will Kodi will start running the Latest Version Kodi 17.5.
How to Update Kodi on Android Device using Google Play:
This method is very simple than the previous one. This method of How to update Kodi using Google Play is easy and the steps are below for your reference.
- Kindly Go to Google Play Store from your Android Smart Phone or Tablet.
- In the Search Bar, Search for Kodi.
- Once you find the Kodi software then there are two things.
- If you are already running an older version of Kodi then you can use the Update option available over there.
- If you a Fresh user then you can install Kodi 17.5 on your Android device.
- Kindly wait until the download gets finishes. Once the Download is finished then files will be installed and Kodi will be updated to the Latest Version Kodi Krypton 17.5.
What’s New at Kodi 17.5:
This article explains How to Update Kodi to Kodi 17.5 as Kodi 17.5 is the most Stable Version of Kodi so far. There was a Big update when Kodi Krypton 17 series was released. But the recent Updates that are being carried out on Kodi Krypton are majorly Bug Fixes. The following are the Updates in Kodi 17.5.
- A more Effective way of Managing Audio Output on different Android devices.
- Retina Support has been added to the Recent Apple devices.
- There is an Update made to FFmpeg 3.1.11.
- PlayBack of DVD File over Network on Linux has also been fixed in the New Release.
- Accelerometers in Joy Stick has been fixed hence preventing Screensavers.
- On MacOs high Sierra, The Up and Down button on Infra Red Remotes has been fixed.
- Adding Contents Manually to the Video Library has also been fixed.
- Handling Power Message for CEC has also been fixed.
- While Switching Channel Groups in Guide Window, The Jumping Timeline has been fixed.
How to Update Kodi on Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Raspberry and more:
We all know that Kodi is an Ultimate Entertainment center and Kodi is available for Different Devices and Platforms such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi and more. If you wish to install or get to know How to Update Kodi on any of the above devices to the Latest Version Kodi 17.5 then Kindly check out the following link.
The conclusion of the Article:
Friends, we hope you are satisfied with our Article on How to Update Kodi on Android Smart Phones and Tablets. We have also provided other information about the Kodi Update Procedures and Provided information about How to Update Kodi on Other Devices and Platforms. If you have any Query or if you face any problem in following the above steps then Kindly Comment Us And we will revert with a solution soon. Have a Nice day!!