Download and Install Kodi Linux Latest Version 17.3:
kodi Player for Linux: Hello Friends, How are you? In this article, we are going to see How to Download and Install Kodi for Linux OS. Kodi is generally a Server Media Player that allows users to stream Multimedia contents on the web. Linux is also one of the widely used Operating systems. Linux is famous for its Security features. Hence the combination of Linux and Kodi will be really awesome. We get to know that people are more interested to get Kodi Player for Linux. Hence we have decided to write an article on How to Download and Install Kodi on Linux.
Kodi for Linux- Table of Contents:
- Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Linux Mint
- Install Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Mint
- Themes of Kodi for Linux Mint and Ubuntu
- Kodi for Linux and Different Platforms
- kodi on Linux and Kodi Addons
- Kodi Player for Linux- Key Features
- Kodi Linux Ubuntu and Mint- Conclusion
Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Linux Mint:
The following are the steps that you have to follow to download and install Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and for Linux Mint. Linux Ubuntu and Linux Mint are the two recent and most used Operating system released by Linux. The procedure for installing Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Kodi for Linux Mint is same. Hence you can use the same procedure for both Versions. Once the Kodi player is installed on your Linux Ubuntu or Mint then you can rock your circle and enjoy Kodi Player on your Linux OS.
Download and Install Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Mint:
The Steps are Simple and easy. Kindly Scroll Down.
Step 1: Go to Kodi and Click on Download.
Step 2: Now you have to choose the Platform.
Step 3: Choose Linux as your Platform.
Step 4: Once you choose the platform as Linux then a Window will pop up.
Step 5: There will be two version Guide available. Kindly choose your Version accordingly.
Step 6: This guide will provide you about the information that you have add as an code on your Linux Ubuntu and Mint OS.
Step 7: Once you enter those codes, then that is it. You can use Kodi Player on Linux Ubuntu and Mint. Friends Kindly note that Kodi repositories comes predefined in Latest Linux OS Versions particularly on Ubuntu.
Step 8: Hence you don’t need to Download Separately the Kodi Player rather it is Predefined in the OS. All you have to do is to add the code and make Kodi to use. We have listed those codes for your Kind reference. The following are the code that you to enter in your Linux Ubuntu or Mint OS.
Step 9: Open the Linux terminal (you can use Ctrl+Alt+T) and type in the following commands:
- sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install kodi
That is it Friends. The steps are so simple. Kodi comes predefined in Linux Ubuntu and Mint and that had been a great advantage for us as the download and install procedures of Kodi for Linux Mint and Ubuntu had become so easy.
Change Themes of Kodi Player on Linux OS:
One of the important advantages of Kodi on Linux is that you can customize kodi player with lot of themes and skins so that you will never get bored. This is a short tutorial on how to do that.
Step 1: Go to Kodi Player.
Step 2: Once Kodi is opened, you will get the full interface.
Step 3: Check the left Pane of Kodi Player.
Step 4: Click on Settings on the Left pane.
Step 5: A new window will show up.
Step 6: Now go to Appearance option that is available on the left pane.
Step 7: That is it Friends. now you can customize your Kodi player with lot of beautiful themes and skins.
By following the above steps, you can able to change the skins and themes of your Kodi for Linux.
Kodi for Linux and Different Platforms:
The added advantage of the Kodi player is that it is available for number of devices and number of platforms. Kodi is available for different platforms like Windows, Mac OS, ios, Raspberry Pi and more. The different devices includes Amazon Fire TV, Cubox-i, Chromebox, Google nexus Player, Compulab Utilite, Intel NUC, Nvidia Shield Android TV, Razor Forget TV. We have provided all the official Links to download Kodi according to the respective device and Platform.
- Install Kodi for Windows PC
- Download Kodi for Mac
- Kodi for ios
- Kodi on iPhone
- Kodi on iPad
- Kodi on PS4
- Download and Install kodi on PS3
- Kodi Android TV Box Download
- Install XBMC Player on Linux Ubuntu
- Install XBMC on Linux Mint
- Kodi Player for Android Smart Phone
- Kodi Player for Android Tablet
- Kodi for Raspberry Pi
- Kodi for Raspberry Pi 3
Kodi for Linux Ubuntu, Mint and Kodi Addons:
- Kodi Player provides several Application Programming Interface to allow third parties to create Addons for Kodi Player which is one of the major advantages of Kodi Player.
- The most famous category of addons include Game addons, Album information, Artist information, Movie information, music and video information, TV information, GUI sounds, Images collection, Languages, Screensavers, Skins, Lyrics, Music addons, Picture addons, Program addons, Video addons, Weather addons and more. Kodi for is really a must software on your PC. You are really Lucky because Kodi for Linux is pre-built in the Linux Ubuntu and Mint OS.
- As we said in the above paragraph, you can manage these addons by opening your Kodi Player in Windows and then Go to Settings and then go to Addons. There you can able to configure and manage your Kodi Addons.
- There are lot of addons exist for Streaming Multi media contents such as Audio, Video, Online movies, online TV channels, Weather forecasts and more. Kodi Comes with an Addon Manager through which you can search for the addons There are lot of addons available for Kodi and it reaches nearly one thousand.
Kodi for Linux OS- Advantages:
- Kodi is such an wonderful player as it allows users to stream multimedia contents such as Pictures, Audio, Video and more.
- Moreover Kodi supports wide range of formats such as Physical Digital Media, Network Protocol Clients, Network Protocol servers, Container formats, Video Formats, Audio Formats, Digital Pictures, Subtitle Formats and Metadata tags.
- You can also customize your Kodi Player with variety of Themes and skins so that you will never get bored of a same interface.
- Finally there are nearly One thousand addons available for Kodi Player each with different functionalities that makes Kodi the best Server Media Player.
- Hence Kodi Player will be a must and Best player for Linux. Enjoy Kodi for Linux.
Kodi for Linux Ubuntu and Mint- Conclusion:
Friends, in this article we have provided the complete information on How to Download and Install Kodi for Linux and also we have provided many added information such as Kodi Addons for Kodi Player on Linux, Advantages of Kodi Player on Linux and the availability of Kodi or XBMC Player for Different Platforms such as Windows, Mac and more. We hope you are satisfied with our article and if you have any Query then Kindly Comment us and we will revert with a solution. Have a Great Day Friends.