Make your Kodi easier with the Awesome Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts and Controls:
Latest Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts: Kodi is a Powerful Media player that is working well and most importantly, it is an all in one player. It allows you to watch Videos, Play music, View pictures, run applications, Weather updates and more. You don’t need separate players to run different Multimedia. When you are using Kodi on Desktop or Laptop, then there will be certain places where you will feel difficulty on how to use and approach the options. Hence it will be better if you are fluent with the Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts with which you can make your Kodi Player more efficient and effective. In this article, we will see How to Use Kodi Player with Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts. We will see the Kodi Krypton 17.6 Keyboard shortcuts in this article. After reading this article, you will be amazed by the Kodi Shortcuts and will be more fluidic with Kodi Player. Check out: Best Working Kodi Addons[Latest]
Table of Contents:
- Different Shortcuts for Kodi Player
- Basic Kodi Keyboard Controls
- Pictures & Slideshow Controls in Kodi Player
- Kodi Controls for Videos
- Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts for Audio and Music
- Mouse Controls in Kodi Player
- The Conclusion of the Article
Different Shortcuts available for Kodi Player:
If it comes to running Kodi App on PC or Laptop then there are different kinds of Shortcuts available. Mouse Keys options are also available. Moreover, the Shortcuts changes with the screen that you are currently on to the Kodi Player. Firstly, we will see the Basic Kodi Keyboard Controls. Check out: Kodi 18 Leia[Nightly Build Version]
Basic Kodi Keyboard Controls:
The following are the basic Controls which most of the users will be well aware of. As this article is about the entire Kodi Keyboard Controls, We have provided most of the information so that it will be useful for the New users of Kodi also.
Enter Key: To Select a particular option:
Whatever the menu may you may be in, Enter key is used to select a particular option which is Highlighted.
Up Arrow: To Move Up through the options available:
If you are surfing through a number of options, then you can move up through the options using Up Arrow key.
Down Arrow: To Move Down through the options available:
Down Arrow is used to move down through the options available in a menu.
Esc or Backspace Key: To go to the Previous options:
Using this option, you can able to go to the Previous menu or to move Back.
I: Shows Information about the Media or options selected:
This option will provide information about the option that you have selected. If you had selected an addon and if you use this option then it will show the information about that particular addon.
S: Power options:
By Pressing “S” Key, the Power options will pop-up where you can find a number of options such as Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate and more options.
Print Screen key or Ctrl+S: To Take a screenshot of the present screen:
Using the above option, you can able to take the screenshot of the present screen that is running on Kodi Player. When you use this option for the first time, you will be asked to choose a folder to save the Screenshot pictures. Once you assign the destination folder for the first time, then you can capture the screen of Kodi Player just with a single press of Print Screen or Ctrl+S.
Function Key 8(F8): To Mute and unmute Kodi Player:
This option can be used to Mute and Unmute Kodi Player. This option will be really useful when you are watching a Multimedia and when you get a Phone call or something.
Plus Key(+): Increase Volume in Kodi Player:
Plus Key(+) is used to increase the Volume of the Kodi Player.
Minus Key(-): Decrease Volume in Kodi Player:
Minus Key(-) is used to decrease the Volume of the Kodi Player gradually.
Backslash Key(\): To Toggle between Full-Screen Mode and Windowed mode:
Most of the users will not be familiar with this option but this is one of the best Kodi Controls. Using this Key, you can Toggle between Full-screen mode and Windowed mode. This option will be really useful if you have to switch between applications when you are using Kodi Player.
Home Key: Jumps to the Top of the Screen:
If you are on any of the List, then Home Key is used to Jump to the Top of the List.
Pictures & SlideShow Controls in Kodi Player:
In this section, we will see the Kodi Keyboard Controls that can be used on Pictures and Slideshows. There will be sometime when you feel some difficulty when you are viewing Pictures with your Kodi Player but by using the following Shortcuts, you can able to make your Kodi Player more efficient more viewing Pictures. Kodi Provides a lot of information about a Picture that is selected when compared to any other Picture Viewers. Check out: How to Enable Parental Controls in Kodi Player
- Dot(.): This option allows you to move to the Next Picture.
- Comma(,): This option allows you to move to the Previous Picture.
- “R” Key: To rotate a Picture through 360 degrees, you can use this option.
- Plus(+) Key: To Zoom in the picture.
- Minus(-) Key: To Zoom out of the Picture.
- “I” Key– This option will provide the information about the Multimedia that is selected. You will get a lot of information such as Media name, Path of the file, Size, and type of the file and more.
- “X” Key: Suppose a Slideshow is going on and if you wish to stop the slideshow, then you can press the X key.
Kodi Keyboard Controls for Videos:
- “P” Key: and Space Bar Key: If a Media is selected and if you press the P Key then the Multimedia will start to play.
- “F” Key or Left Arrow Key: Fast Forwards the Multimedia that is currently playing now.
- “R” Key or Right Arrow Key: Rewinds the Multimedia that is currently playing now.
- “M” Key: Shows up the Player Controls option when a Multimedia is playing. This option can also be used to hide the Player Controls option when a Multimedia is playing.
- Space Bar Key: To Play and to Pause a Multimedia when it is playing.
- “X” Key: To stop the Multimedia that is currently playing.
- “Z” Key: This option allows you change the Aspect Ratio of the Multimedia that is playing currently.
- “C” Key: Contextual Menu. Provides Player Controls as well as information about the Multimedia that is currently playing.
- “Y” Key: This option allows you to choose the Video Player with which the Multimedia has to be played.
- “I” Key: Provides information about the Multimedia that is selected.
Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts for Audio and Music Files:
Most of the Basic Kodi Controls will be common on all the Menus of Kodi Player. But there are specific shortcuts. which will work on particular Menus only. Here we will see the Keyboard Controls and shortcuts that are related to Audio section of Kodi Player. Check out: Setup Remote Access to Kodi Player
- Space Bar Key: To Play or to Pause an Audio, you can use Space Bar Key when an audio or Music is playing.
- “F” Key: Fast Forward the Audio.
- “R” Key: Rewind the Audio that is currently playing.
- “I” Key: Provides information about the Audio that is playing or that is selected.
- Plus(+) Key: Increases the Volume of the Audio that is playing.
- Minus(-) Key: Decreases the Volume of the Audio that is playing.
- Function 8(F8) Key: Mute the Volume of the Audio that is playing[Kindly note that the Audio will be still playing].
- “N” Key: It provides the Music Playlist that lists all the Audio files available in the selected folder.
Mouse Controls in Kodi Player:
- Left Mouse Key: Allows you to Select the option that is Highlighted. This Key performs actions similar to “Enter” Key.
- Right Mouse Key: If you use this option on Blank Space, it will take you to the Back screen.
- Right Mouse Key on an Item: Context Menu will appear from which you can choose other options.
The Conclusion of the Article:
This article provides information on Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts and Controls. Apart from the above-listed Controls and Shortcuts, there are a lot of options in Kodi Player. We hope you are satisfied with our article on Latest Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts and Controls for Kodi Krypton 17.6. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will reply with a solution. Have a Great Day.
Kodi Controls Article Review
This article provides detailed information on Kodi 17.6 Keyboard Shortcuts and Controls. Hence, this article deserves a score of 4.8 out of 5.0. For more info, Kindly VisitKodi Info Park