Setup Remote Control on Kodi Player of Windows & Android using Official Kore App:
Setup Remote Control Using Kore App[Official Android Remote for Kodi]: Hello Friends, in this article, We are going to see How to Setup Remote Control of Latest Kodi Player of Windows 10/8/8.1/7 and Android using Official Kore App which is also a Product of XBMC Foundation. This Topic is really important and very essential as it allows you to Setup Remote Control on Kodi Player. Using Kore App you can able to Control your Kodi Player that is installed on Windows PC using an Android Phone. This tutorial explains How to setup Remote Control on Latest Version Kodi Krypton 17.5 and 17 series of Windows PC & Laptop using Kore App of XBMC Team. Let us get into the article Friends. Check out: How to Enable Subtitles in Kodi.
Table of Contents:
- Things to be Done Prior
- Setup Remote Accessing Settings in Kodi Player
- Download Kore XMBC Remote Access App
- Setup Remote Access on Kodi player using Kore App
- How to use Kore App of XBMC
- Remote Access Setup not Working & Fix
- The Article Conclusion
Things to be Done before setting up Remote Control of Kodi Player:
Before getting into the process, we need to make sure several things so that our work will get done easily. The following are the Checklists you have to make sure before starting the Process.
- Download and Install Kore App for Android Phone using Google Play.
- Install Kodi on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 PC or Laptop.[How to install Kodi on Windows]
- Make Sure both the Android Phone & Windows PC are connected to Same Network(Wifi or other Internet Connection).
Kindly make sure all the above steps are done before enabling the Remote Access of Kodi Player using Kore App.
Setup Remote Accessing Control Settings on Kodi Player:
We have to Setup few Settings so that the Remote Accessing of Kodi Player will be enabled. The following are the Steps.
- Open Kodi krypton 17.5/ 17 series.
- Select Settings(Gear icon) which is available on the Top Left of the screen.
- From the Tile of Menus available, Choose Service Settings.
- Service Settings option will open now. Select Control from the Left section.
- Under the Web Server Category, Enable “Allow remote control via HTTP” option.
- In the Port option, you will find 8080 which is the Default Value. If you wish to change the port then select it and change it.
- The Default Username will be “kodi“. If you wish to change then you can change it.
- Password option will be Empty by Default. In case you wish to set up Password then Kindly Assign it.
- Under Application Control, Enable the following options.
- Enable “Allow remote control from applications on this system“.
- Enable “Allow remote control from applications on other systems“.
- Kindly wait. It will take some time to enable both options.
- Once the options are enabled then Kindly go to System Information.
- Note Down your IP Address that is displayed over there.
- That’s it, Friends. The above are steps that we have to do for setting up Remote Access on Kodi Player.
Download Kore App from Google Play:
Kore is an Official Kodi Remote app that has been created by XBMC(Kodi) Foundation. The following are the steps to download Kore from Google Play.
- Go to Google Play from your Android Device.
- In the Search bar, Search for Kore.
- Once you find the App then Kindly Install it.
- Once the Installation of Kore app is done, then it is ready for use.
Set up Remote Access on Kodi Krypton using Kore App of XBMC Foundation:
We are all set Friends. Now its time to start the Process. Kindly follow the steps.
- Open Kore App on your Android Phone.
- Add Media Center will be displayed. We have to click Next to initiate the process.
- Now app will search automatically for any media center.
- If your Kodi Player is listed in this process then you can directly connect the Kore app to your Kodi Player. But if your Kodi Player is not listed then you have to go for Manual Configuration.
- Select Next.
- Enter Media center name as “Kodi“.
- In Address column, Enter the IP address that you have noted down in the above step.
- Enter the Port Value that you have noted down in the earlier step.
- Enter the Username and Password that you have noted down in the Username and Password Column accordingly.
- Finally, select “TEST“.
- You will get the All Done message once the connection Success. Choose Finish.
- If the Process is done, then you will get the notification on Kodi Player on Windows stating “Detected New Connection Kore Remote“.
- Now you can able to control and work on your Kodi Player of Windows using the Kore App of Android Device.
That’s it, Friends. The above is the procedure to set up Remote access of Kodi Player of Windows using Kore App of Android Device.
Working with Kore App and How to Use Kore App of XBMC:
Once the Kore App is connected to the Kodi Player then you can able to control your Kodi Player from your Android Device itself. You can perform all the functionalities of Kodi player from your Android Device itself. In this section, we will see the Control options that are available in the Kore App.
- Once the Remote Access is done then Kore App interface will open.
- Choose the Drop down list and you will find Kodi in the first option. That option will give you info on the Kodi Player that is connected. You can also edit your Connection Settings here.
- When you select the Remote option then the Remote Interface will appear.
- Using the options available in the Remote options, you can able to control your Kodi Player.
- Sync all the files of your Kodi Player with Kore using the following options.
- If you wish to do any changes in your Kore app then Choose Settings and modify the Settings of the Kore App.
Remote Control Access not Working Error & Fix:
The main reason you may get the error Remote Control Access not working is may be due to the Windows Firewall Settings. Hence you can choose your Windows Firewall settings accordingly. By doing the above process, Remote Control Access not working error can be fixed.
The Article Conclusion:
Friends, We hope we have provided all the information on How to Setup Remote Access on Kodi Player of Windows 10/8/8.1/7 using Kore XBMC app of Android Device. This Tutorial is suitable for all Kodi Krypton Series 17. If you have any Query or if you face any problem in following the above steps then kindly Comment Us and we will revert with a solution soon. Have a Nice Day!